For its client, the European Investment Bank, Exquando is looking for an enthusiastic new colleague who will join the EIB Information Resources Unit to play a key role and provide enhanced information resources services for the whole EIB.
The European Investment Bank is the lending arm of the European Union. The EIB is the biggest multilateral financial institution in the world and one of the largest providers of climate finance. The EIB helps the economy, creates jobs, promotes equality and improves lives for EU citizens and for people in developing countries.
Their Information Management Services actively contribute to such operations by taking care of Documents and Records Management, Information Management, and Support to Electronic Documents and Records Management Systems.
Within the EIB, The Information Resources Unit is responsible for managing information resources obtained from external providers and aimed at supporting the Bank’s business activities in compliance with all budgetary, procurement, legal, contractual and licence obligations. The information resources managed by the team include newspapers, books and periodicals and other forms of information, mainly in electronic format.
As appropriate, the selected candidate will participate in the following processes and activities, in compliance with the EIB’s policy rules:
- Registration, circulation, filing, preservation, disposal and discontinuation of information resources
- Within a defined remit : management of user accesses, keeping a comprehensive list of accesses; communication with external suppliers of information resources
- Keeping a comprehensive overview of a portfolio of electronic information resources
- Identifying and retrieving information resources in line with business needs
- Maintaining the reference catalogue of information resources
- Providing user support and handling tickets submitted by users
- Informing users of policies, procedures and processes regarding the obtaining and use of information resources
- Providing administrative support to information resources procurement and contract management activities
- Communicating on efforts regarding information resources, including maintenance of related intranet content
- Selecting, testing and implementing tools supporting the management of information resources
- University Degree in Library or Information Management studies (BAC +2 or higher)
- Relevant experience in a corporate information management service
- Experience of identification, acquisition, registration, filing, preservation, disposal and discontinuation of information resources (e.g. newspapers, books and periodicals and other forms of information) in both paper and electronic format
- Using Library Management and cataloguing systems
- Using the following standard tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, html editor
- Fluent in French or English and a sufficient command of the other to be able to work in both languages interchangeably
- Knowledge of any other EU language is welcome
- Capacity and willingness to work in a team and a changing environment
- Strong sense of responsibility, initiative, integrity and commitment
- Service and customer orientation
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work reliably and accurately
- Flexibility and adaptability, willingness to learn
- Results orientated
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural environment
- Real career opportunities for someone who wants to be at the heart of European economic moves of our times, within a constantly growing dynamic company with a well-established international track record.
- A competitive salary package
- A challenging mission in a renowned European institution
Interested in joining our team?
Send us your resume and cover letter to Laurence Marteau, firstname.lastname@example.org